June 29, 2013

FREELANCE - 4th of July Inspired Invitation

I recently created a Fourth of July inspired Invitation for my Dad (or "Pops" as I like to affectionately refer to him). His actual birthday is on July 4th, which is very fitting for his fire cracker, wild, and crazy outlook on life. He is the type of person (or has the personality) you either "love him" or "hate him". From first glance if you don't know him or his genuine heart he may seem obnoxious and/or abrasive ... but really he is the most sweetest person in the world! I certainly do not want to sound cliche but, he will give you the shirt off his back. He really is a stand up guy and would do any and everything for anyone if he knew it was something he/she needed that would benefit/make his/her life easier.

I love this guy because he is a no nonsense type of person ... anytime I need quick advice on anything I know who to go to. He is always sincere and tells the truth and doesn't sugar coat anything for me. So, now that you have a little knowledge about this awesome guy that's apart of my life ... let's jump into this invitation design : )

Admittedly, I really struggled with this design ... It's always different for me when I'm creating something for close friends/family. I always want to go above and beyond to make them feel special and sometimes this hinders me during the design process. I had to psych myself out a few times (imagining that this design was for a regular customer) to get through it - lol. I wanted to keep the design clean, sharp, simple, and to the point. Also, I wanted to incorporate "LARGE" fonts in the design - since he's 60 and most of his friends are around his age range small and/or decorative script fonts would not be good idea. With all of those things in mind I came up with this Invitation design:




I'm satisfied with the end results and most importantly so was he!

xoxo,
Latisha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Get Social! #iloveEccentricDesigns

Let's Get Social! #iloveEccentricDesigns

Search This Blog

*NEW* Nail Decals

*NEW* Nail Decals
50+ Styles To Choose From

Mobile Spa Parties

Mobile Spa Parties
Starting at $300 - Book Your Party Today!

DIY Tutu Kits

DIY Tutu Kits
Tutu Kits For Any Occasion!

Featured Theme

Featured Theme
Air Jordan Inspired Party

Let's Connect on IG

Follow & Tweet Me!

Powered by Blogger.